After just over a whole month of developing levels for the Murder Garden Contest, it’s time for my review of Terrorarium.


Terrorarium is a fun and creative game with an interesting concept and encourages community participation. The developers are always active in the Terrorarium Discord server and always take suggestions by listening to their fans (Which is rare these days). Plus, You can make awesome levels for your friends and others to play and murder them with ferocious plants! What’s not to like? Since its in early access, it’s likely to be cheaper now than when it releases, so pick it up and try it!

Real player with 95.4 hrs in game

Read More: Best Sandbox Puzzle Platformer Games.

7/28/20 UPDATE: The game is out now with new levels and new features, so here is my current day review!

The game can be broken down in to three major parts: The main story, the community made levels, and the level maker.

★ The Main Story plot itself is fine. You get to understand the character you play as and the the little pikmin-esque creatures you play with, etc., etc… It certainly adds to the game, but what really matters (in my opinion) are the levels themselves. There are 26 levels ranging from very easy to very hard, some of which are designed extremely well! Some of them however aren’t. I’d say around 85% of the levels are satisfactory, while the other 15% just aren’t either aesthetically pleasing or the puzzle/mechanics are a bit wonky.

Real player with 35.0 hrs in game

Terrorarium on Steam

This is My Dungeon

This is My Dungeon

/b Lite Quick Early Access

This is a quick lite play. Each round you get to pick a few monsters from a random pool to add to your roster, and allocate up to 6 monster groups to each section of the dungeon (you start with only one section, but it grows over rounds to eventually reach five sections).

After you set up for a round, the action starts. The invaders come from above, and you send your monsters (scattered around the section) to intercept the invaders. Once the fight starts it is hard to see individual units, because they all clump up. Your dead monsters gradually respawn in their original locations, so you repeat the process of sending them back to the fight.

Real player with 8.5 hrs in game

Read More: Best Sandbox Tower Defense Games.

This is My Dungeon on Steam

Contraption Maker

Contraption Maker

I used to like this game. A lot. I won firts place in one of their contests, and second place in another. For which I received reward in the form of steam games. Contraption maker is a great example of a game that never stops growing. Even now, they keep adding new content to it.

But… things havetemporarily changed.

Top Meadow and Game Dev Castle took over the development and publishing of the game, and I get the feeling that they don’t really care about the game itself anymore. They look at things from a rather business perspective which is bad for this type of game’s health. I am talking about DLC packs, and the fact that they ruin this game’s fun of uploading and sharing contraptions, puzzles and mods.

Real player with 205.6 hrs in game

Read More: Best Sandbox Automation Games.

If I think about my earliest days of video gaming, back before I got into my classic platformers like Sonic the Hedgehog, the title that stands out to me the most (amidst many education-focused games) was The Incredible Machine. A game that tests your ingenuity to solve puzzles, and your imagination to create them. Many of my fondest gaming memories from those days came from T.I.M. I got this game when it was in alpha, and the fact that I got to play any part in this game’s development, even just by messing around with the parts and reporting bugs, is something truly special to me.

Real player with 37.8 hrs in game

Contraption Maker on Steam



A great game with a great community. If you get bored of the main game, you can go into both mapping and modding. Both can be just as enjoyable as normal gameplay, and people on the official Discord will help if you have any problems. Absolutely recommended.

Real player with 750.6 hrs in game

very good game you should played if you especially like strategy games you should played with friends or alone.

Real player with 338.5 hrs in game

Forts on Steam